Citrus College students are evaluated against the following standards:
Maintain a minimum cumulative 2.0 grade point average (GPA)
- Minimum of a 2.0 Citrus College cumulative GPA
- Grades F, FW, and NP are calculated in the GPA
- Grades I, EW, MW, and W are not calculated in the GPA
Students must maintain progress by successfully completing at least 67% of units attempted.
Total units attempted with a not passing grade (EW, F, FW, I, MW, NP, and W) divided by total units attempted = % attempted that were not passed. Students with more than 33% of attempted units not passed fail to meet the minimum 67% passing rate.
- EW - Excused Withdrawal
- F - Failing
- FW - Failing/Withdrawal
- I - Incomplete
- MW - Military Withdrawal
- NP - No Pass
- W - Withdrawal
All units attempted at Citrus College and/or units earned at all other colleges attended will be calculated into the total number of units attempted.
- Up to 30 attempted units of remedial coursework at Citrus College may be deducted from the total units attempted.
- ESL classes are counted towards the total number of units attempted.
- Students who enroll in excessive remedial courses that don't apply to their degree or certificate may exhaust their financial aid eligibility prior to completing their program.
- Students who have completed a bachelor's degree or higher (including a foreign degree) or attempted more than 150% of the units required for their degree or certificate program at Citrus College, will be denied financial aid.
To determine the student's GPA, the most recent grade for a repeated course will be used.
- All units (both current and prior) from repeated courses are counted toward the 150% maximum units a student is permitted to have.
- Students are not eligible to receive aid for more than one repetition of a course that has been previously passed with a grade of "D" or better.