Citrus College students are given a registration appointment date that provides the earliest date they may register for classes. The registration date students receive is based on the student's registration priority status. Earlier registration is given to students who complete orientation, and create an educational plan. The more classes students take and complete with satisfactory grades, the earlier registration appointment students will receive.
Registration priority policies encourage students to work with a counselor to develop an educational plan and stay on track.
For more information about registration priority, refer to AP 5055.
If you are a continuing student, you are encouraged to identify a course of study and develop an educational plan with a counselor. Make an appointment with a counselor if you have not completed an educational plan.
Continuing students must also follow these guidelines so that they will not be in danger of receiving a later registration appointment:
- Maintain good academic standing and earn a grade point average of a 2.0.
- Maintain good progress by enrolling in courses you are sure you can finish. You must complete at least 50% of your courses each semester.
- Select classes carefully. If you exceed 100 degree applicable units, you may receive a later registration appointment. The 100 unit limit does not include non-degree applicable English as a second language or basic skills courses.
In some circumstances, students may be temporarily exempted from the 100 unit limit. See a counselor if you will be over 75 degree applicable units.
Students who are on academic or progress probation are notified through their Citrus College email at the end of each primary semester. Students who have, in any combination, a GPA below 2.0 or have not completed at least 50% of their courses for two semesters in a row are in danger of being dismissed and also in danger of receiving a later registration appointment.
If you are on probation, you must complete the following probation workshop online.
You may be able to appeal your later registration appointment for the following reasons:
- Extenuating Circumstances - Verified cases of accident, illness, or other circumstances beyond your control that prevented you from completing orientation, completing assessment, developing an educational plan, completing your educational goal(s) before earning 100 degree applicable units, and/or remaining in good academic standing.
- Lack of Timely Accommodation - You have a verified disability and applied for, but did not receive reasonable accommodation in a timely manner.
- Completing Educational Goal (100 units only) - You are close to completing your educational goal and have earned 100 degree applicable units at Citrus, and would like a one-time exemption from receiving a later registration appointment.
To appeal a later registration appointment for lack of timely accommodation, go to the disabled students programs and services office (DSPS).
To appeal a later registration appointment for extenuating circumstances and completing educational goal (100 units only), please submit the Petition to Retain Enrollment Priority.
For all appeals, documentation is required and petition deadline dates will be observed for each term.
Students who make progress toward their goals will be rewarded for their efforts. If you stay focused on your goals and utilize support services, you should get the classes you need to accomplish your course of study. Counseling provides a variety of services to help you succeed.