View these helpful tips to guide you as you complete your financial aid application for 2023-2024.
- Determine which application to complete
- Select the appropriate school/academic year
- Create your FSA ID or CADAA Login
- Student Demographics
- Dependency Status
- Student/Parent Financials
- Income and Asset Information
- Determine which parent(s) to report
- Parent(s) that don't have a Social Security Number (FAFSA)
Determine which application to complete
Complete the FAFSA if you are a U.S. Citizen or an Eligible noncitizen
Complete the CADAA if you are not an eligible citizen and meet the non-resident exemption requirements
Select the appropriate school/academic year
- 2023-2024 Financial Aid Application if enrolling in fall 2023, spring 2024, and/or summer 2024
- 2024-2025 Financial Aid Application if enrolling in fall 2024, spring 2025, and/or summer 2025
Create your FSA ID or CADAA Login
- Information should match the name and social security number listed on your Social Security Card
- Information on FAFSA must match the information submitted to Citrus College through the admissions application. Your Name, Social Security Number, and Date of Birth must match.
- Your CADAA Login MUST match the records at Citrus College
- Information on FAFSA must match the information submitted to Citrus College through the admissions application. Your Name and Date of Birth must match.
- Pertains to the start of the aid year which you are applying for
- Will determine whether or not you will be required to submit parent(s) information
- Must include at least one college. You must select a college in order for that college to receive your application.
- Citrus College Federal School Code: 00116600
- If you answer "yes" to any of these questions, you will be considered independent
- Your dependency status will determine whose information you must report on the FAFSA or CADAA
- Dependent - report your and your parent's information
- Independent - Report your own information, and if you're married, your spouse's
- Provide Tax Information
- FAFSA - Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool
- Always check the top of the page to make sure you know who you are entering information about.
- Click the ? icon or the i icon for detailed information on what is being requested, including where to find that number on your tax documents.
Income and Asset Information
FAFSA and CADAA request 'prior prior' year income and asset information. Use:
- 2021 income and asset information for the 2023-2024 Academic Year
- 2022 income and asset information for the 2024-2025 Academic Year
Determine which parent(s) to report
Visit https://studentaid.gov/apply-for-aid/fafsa/filling-out/parent-info for details instructions on which parent(s) to include.
Visit https://www.csac.ca.gov/sites/main/files/file-attachments/california_dream_act_faq.pdf?1638916041 to determine which parent(s) to include.
Parent(s) that don't have a Social Security Number (FAFSA)
Enter 0's for parent(s) that do not have a social security number. You may have to click twice to bypass the error check.
FAFSA: If you and/or your parent do not have an FSA ID, print the signature page by selecting "Other Option" to sign and submit.
Do NOT mail the signature page to Citrus College. It must go to the Department of Education for processing!
Make sure you get to the confirmation page!
Allow seven to ten (7-10) business days for your application to be processed and sent to each college listed on your application.