The Real Estate Education Scholarship Program is a scholarship program for eligible, economically disadvantaged students. Awards are for students who are in need of financial assistance to meet the cost of attendance at a California Community College and who have demonstrated interest in a real estate career through their enrollment in real estate-related courses.
The amount of scholarship funds available each year is impacted by the available annual investment earnings of the scholarship endowment and determined by the Chancellor of the California Community Colleges. Funds are disbursed to colleges on a first-come-first-served basis and are not guaranteed.
What are the Eligibility Requirements?
Applicants at Citrus College must:
- have declared a real estate education major or a major in a related field with a concentration in real estate.
- be eligible for a California College Promise Grant or Federal Pell Grant.
- have satisfactorily completed at least one three-unit college course in Real Estate (REAL) with a grade of C (2.0) or higher prior to applying for the scholarship.
- be enrolled in and complete three (3) semester units each semester (or the quarter equivalent) in real estate courses defined by the California Department of Real Estate as meeting pre-license education course requirements or as required by the institution for completion of a real estate certificate.
- In addition to those courses specifically labeled by the college as Real Estate courses (REAL Courses) or the following:
- ACCT 100 Accounting
- ACCT 101 Financial Accounting
- BUS 160 Business Law and the Legal Environment
- ECON 101 Principles of Macroeconomics
What is the award amount for 2023-2024?
- $600 per semester
- $1200 per academic year
How to apply
Submit your application to the Citrus College Financial Aid Department via the Financial Aid Request Form (make sure you click "sign in" in the top right corner before submitting this request). Scholarships will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis, so make sure to submit your application as quickly as possible! The application is found in the Resources Section under "student". Here is the official webpage: https://foundationccc.org/our-work/system-support/providing-financial-assistance-and-scholarships/real-estate-education-endowment/real-estate-education-scholarships/
Student application period
September 1, 2023 - April 30, 2024, or until all funds are allocated.