The Promise program provides student support and promotes completion for first-time college students, who have never attended college (excluding dual/concurrent enrollment) and who are California residents or AB540 eligible.
In order to qualify for the Promise program students must first complete the Citrus College onboarding process with a student support program such as; Athletics, CalWORKs, DSPS, EOPS, and Veteran Success Center.
The onboarding process includes:
- Submitting a Citrus College application
- Completed an online New Student Orientation
- Completed an Student Education Plan (SEP) with a Citrus College counselor
First year requirements to participate in the Promise program:
- Submit a FAFSA or CA DREAM Act application and have Citrus College listed as the school attending
- Enrollment full-time (12+ units or more) in fall/spring semesters
- Enrollment in English and/or math based on the student's academic program
Visit the Promise program Eligibility and Requirements page for more details.